School SEK – Ecuador
PERSONAL ACCIDENT POLICY – LIBERTY INSURANCE
COVERAGES (Per Student)
- Accident Medical Expenses: $ 3,000.00
- Accident Deductible: $ 40.00
DEFINITION OF ACCIDENT:
Accident is understood to be the event due to unforeseen, fortuitous and occasional causes of an external force that acting suddenly on the person of the insured, regardless of his will, produces clinically proven bodily injuries, which cause death, total permanent disability or partial, or temporary disability.
- Give notice of the accident to the General Secretariat of the SEK International School – Quito, within a period not exceeding eight days after the accident, otherwise it will not be covered.
- Estimated processing time from the presentation of the documents is 20 days.
a) MEDICAL EXPENSES PER ACCIDENT:
In the event of an accident, the insured student may be attended in any clinic or hospital of his / her choice and once the outpatient or hospital, clinical or surgical treatment has been completed, the student or his / her representative must present to the Secretary General the following documents to process the return of expenses incurred:
1. Outpatient treatments:
- Original invoices for medical fees
- Original medical prescriptions
- Original invoices from pharmacies (electronic invoice print)
- Medical examination orders
- Original invoices corresponding to the exams
2. Hospital Treatments:
- Original bill from the clinic or hospital
- Copy of the Medical Record
- Invoice breakdown
- RX plates and report
b) IN CASE OF STUDENT DEATH (A):
- Original birth certificate or copy of identity card.
- Original death certificate
- Autopsy protocol
- Body removal act
- And any other document that the company deems necessary
- A copy of the identity card of the legal representative, to whom the refund check will be issued
For more information contact:
Salomé Moncayo – General Secretary
Note: there is no ambulatory or hospital credit agreed with clinics and hospitals.